Practicum: Unix/Linux Command Line and Git basics
Description:This predominantly practical session will be devoted to the basics of working with the Unix/Linux command-line and the Git version control repository.
- Software Carpentry, “Version Control Episode 1: Introduction” [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gY2JwRfin1M].
- The Git Book, Chapters 1-5 [https://git-scm.com/book/en/v2].
- Max Barry, “Nuts and Bolts,” October 5, 2011 [http://maxbarry.com/2011/10/05/news.html].
- Wikipedia, “Version Control” [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Version_control].
- The Git Book, Chapters 7-10 and Appendices [https://git-scm.com/book/en/v2].
- Linuxcommand.org, “Learning the Shell,” [http://linuxcommand.org/].