Practicum: R Studio Tutorial
In-Class Presentations: Student 1 and Student 2
Description: This discussion portion of this session will focus on introducing key concepts in computer programming and text processing. The practicum will be devoted to a tutorial on working with R using R Studio.
- Trevor Page, “Programming 101 – The 5 Basic Concepts of any Programming Language,” June 30, 2012 [https://howtoprogramwithjava.com/programming-101-the-5-basic-concepts-of-any-programming-language/].
- Carl Cheo, “40 Key Computer Science Concepts Explained in Layman’s Terms” [http://carlcheo.com/compsci]
- Matthew L. Jockers, Chapter 1, Text Analysis with R for Students of Literature. Cham : Springer, 2014 [UC Davis Only: https://vpn.lib.ucdavis.edu/book/,DanaInfo=link.springer.com+10.1007%2F978-3-319-03164-4].
- Brian S. Everitt and Torsten Hothorn, “A Handbook of Statistical Analyses
Using R” [https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/HSAUR/vignettes/Ch_introduction_to_R.pdf].
- Paul Torfs & Claudia Brauer, “A Very Short Introduction to R” [https://cran.r-project.org/doc/contrib/Torfs+Brauer-Short-R-Intro.pdf].